Trol-a-lol

 

Virtual worlds have a Troll problem. Trolls are people who hang around in virtual worlds with the singular point of upsetting people. More than that they seem to be there to destroy or cancel anything they disagree with.

Some of these people are why I pulled my plug on VR

I ended up feeling as I have many times that I don’t wanna be surrounded by that kind of venom or by people who are content to let it go for the common good

So maybe I also want to cancel people.

I hang around in hubs in second life in my spare time. Some of these hubs are populated with this low-level racism. It’s the kinds if insidious crap that people tolerate.

I tend to speak my mind and don’t put up with crap like that. There are a few ways of looking at Trolls

They are being racist for effect and to score troll points

Or they are racists

I think there is no difference between the two things.

I also think that to not speak out is to condone it

I lost a lot of friends this way and I look forward to losing more.

The second life hubs use to have voice enabled so people could speak to each other. Second life were forced to disable this feature as the behaviour heard in these places would either terrify you or I assume attract more people looking to make a name as the baddest of the bad.

People turn trolling into a job.

It’s a complex problem you try to make an appealing virtual experience to attract new users to your business and people look on your new customers as fuel for their fire.

Some of the Trolls have a massive social following and could potentially bring in tens of thousands of new users. But they would be likely to be there to abuse and upset the existing users.

Do you segregate moderate or ignore?

People value the anonymity virtual worlds provide

But they also exploit that anonymity.

These opensource virtual world are potentially unobserved dark web pits of who knows what

They are also potentially the foundations pillars of a new world to

Just like the wild west, I guess.

Trolling is inevitable trolls are allways looking for the next opputunity .Playground bullies were always there

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FFS Judas if you’re so smart you fix second life

Why the Metaverse is ashamed of Second life.